Title: Understanding all the Chapters of Natyashastra
(Varied approaches towards understanding the chapters of Natyashastra)
Course Expert: Prof. Bharat Gupt
Medium: English and Hindi
WhatsApp of registration link +918826672990
The Course offers a detailed study of Natyashastra, a study of performing arts, mainly dance, drama & music. All 36 chapters of Natyashastra will be covered in this Course which discusses the techniques of music & different instruments, various categories of dance and usage of hand, feet, eyes, and eyebrows while performing, and different aspects of theatre, including body postures, costumes, usage of the stage, movement of eyes, hands and other body parts & many more features dealing with theatre.
Duration of the Course:
• Duration of the Course- 3 months
• Weekend Classes (Saturday and Sunday)
• Duration of the class- 2 hours
• Tentative Date 7th January 2022
• Tentative Timing- Morning
• Total Duration of Course: 40 hours (3 Months
This Course Includes:
· 40 hours of on-demand live classes
· Full Lifetime recorded access to videos.
· Access on mobile, desktop and TV
· Certificate of Completion
· No prior knowledge is needed. The participant will get to learn everything.
· A Mac/PC or Mobile computer with access to the internet.
· No paid software is required.
About the expert:
Prof. Bharat Gupt is a former faculty of English at the University of Delhi & presently a trustee & executive member of Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts (IGNCA), New Delhi (Ministry of Culture). He is an Indian classicist, theatre theorist, sitar & surbahar player, musicologist, cultural analyst, & newspaper columnist. He is an alumnus of St. Stephen’s College, DU & University of Toronto. He has pursued his PhD on the topic “A comparison of Greek & Indian Dramatic Theories as given in the Poetics & Natyashastra”.