The Indian Culture Portal (www.indianculture.gov.in) is a project funded by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, and executed by IIT Bombay. A one of its kind digital resource for Indian culture and heritage, the portal is looking to hire a social media lead to manage and expand the portal's presence on social media.
● To create digital content (posts, audio-visual, interactives) for the portal's official social media accounts (across platforms).
● To work with the Indian Culture team to organise online community outreach events and run online campaigns (when required) to promote and publicise the Indian Culture Portal.
● To plan digital collaborations for publicising the Indian Culture Portal in coordination with various organisations of the Ministry of Culture, academic institutions and other relevant organisations.
Role Requirements A demonstrable interest in, and knowledge of Indian Culture, Heritage and History is essential.
● Candidates must have an excellent knowledge of, and be proficient in, designing for social media.
● Candidates must have a deep working knowledge of Canva, the META Business suite, and any other linked software/programmes.
● Excellent communication skills are a prerequisite.
● Candidates must be fluent in English. Additional fluency in Hindi will be an asset.
● This is a full-time role based in New Delhi. Candidates resident outside Delhi-NCR will be considered only if they are willing to move to Delhi.
Eligibility At least a Bachelor's degree in any field. A working knowledge and appreciation of history, culture and heritage is necessary.
RemunerationWill depend on qualifications and experience and will range from 2.5 to 5 LPA.